Posted: Wednesday, 18 October 2017
RSP are seeking an experienced social media/digital person who is an avid car enthusiast with excellent copywriting and writing/communication skills as well as design capabilities.
Rare Spares (incorporating RSP Automotive and Industrial P/L) pride ourselves on being one of the most trusted, respected and recognised names in both the Industrial and Automotive industries. Rare Spares is arguably the largest supplier of automotive restoration parts and accessories for an incredible range of both new and older model cars, which predominately include Holden, Ford and Valiant.
The Role & About the individual we are seeking
We are seeking an experienced social media/digital person who is an avid car enthusiast with excellent copywriting and writing/communication skills as well as design capabilities. As a key member of the Marketing Team you will be working across multiple projects at any one time with a focus on Social media and Digital content, weekly blogs and support to the Marketing Manager/Coordinator. Adhering to deadlines is central to this role. You will demonstrate a proactive approach to everything you do, have the opportunity to add your own unique creativity to the role and add value across all marketing activities.
We are seeking a self-motivated marketer with a strong work ethic to join our dynamic organisation. If you are an extroverted individual, well organised, creative, have the ability to multi-task, use initiative and if you enjoy working in a fast paced environment then this is the ideal position for you.
Job tasks and responsibilities
You will report directly to the marketing manager and your key responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Social/Digital Media
- Develop and implement all social and digital strategies to align with business goals
- Set specific objectives (ROI’s and KPI’s) and report monthly on all social and digital campaigns
- Track and optimise our social and digital marketing campaigns across all digital channels
- Manage and drive social media content calendar
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos, blogs and news)
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Collaborate with other departments (customer relations, sales etc) to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions
- Utilise strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer behavior across multiple channels and customer touch points
- Copywriting/Communication Skills
- Researching topics on the Automotive Industry for weekly blog writing
- Ad-hoc communication to the public via newsletters, EDM’s etc
- Day to day marketing admin including updating and managing internal systems and communicating with all areas of the business including external resources
- Ad-hoc duties as required
- General administration tasks as required
Skills and experience
- Proven work experience as a Social media and digital specialist
- Hands on experience in content management- writing and publishing
- Experience with Social studio and/or other automation tools is ideal
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEM (Adwords), database management, email marketing, display & re-targeting and social media management.
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Facebook Insights etc) is advantageous but not essential
- Positive attitude, detail and customer orientation with good multitasking and organisational ability
- Fluency in English
- Having worked within the automotive industry makes for a great fit or at least a keen car enthusiast
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing (diploma or degree) is advantageous, or experience in a similar role.
- Sound knowledge using Microsoft applications including Office, Word, Excel, Power Point & Outlook
- Knowledge of creating and sending electronic direct mail (EDM) is advantageous, or experience in a similar role.
- Design skills and experience using InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop is advantageous, or experience in a similar role.
- High attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Strong work ethic, creative and a willingness to learn and self-educate
- Ability to learn and adjust to new systems quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (PR experience would be a distinct advantage)
If you believe you would be well suited for this role, please apply by emailing your resume with references and covering letter to the marketing manager at Rare Spares. Please be aware that the salary listed is negotiable based on experience and skill set.
Applications Close: Sunday, 10 December 2017